Intimate gathering or blowout bash? Live music or DJ? Chocolate cake or vanilla?
Anyone who’s planned a wedding knows the choices can seem endless. And one of the first—and maybe toughest—choices you’ll make is where to host the event. If your heart is set on a Kiawah Island wedding, we can make finding the perfect venue a little easier.
Whether you dream of saying your “I do’s” barefoot on the sand or in a classic ballroom with a string quartet playing in the background, Kiawah Island offers something extraordinary for every couple’s big day.
Waves crash in the background and the scent of saltwater lingers on the air. A small crowd gathers as the sun casts a golden hue and specks of light glisten on the Atlantic. Sound amazing? There’s something truly magical about a beach ceremony. With miles of breathtaking shoreline, far from the crowds, it’s easy to make your Kiawah Island wedding fantasy a reality. Call (800) 654-2924 to speak to a professional wedding planner.
The Sanctuary’s Grand Lawn is an ideal spot for ceremonies, cocktails, and receptions. A lush green expanse overlooks the Atlantic and a private beach creating a spectacular backdrop for your special day. No matter if your group is large or small, you can adjust the space to meet your needs.
Prefer an indoor venue for the reception, the ceremony, or both? The Sanctuary offers three stylish ballrooms to suit your event:
- Terrace Ballroom: French doors open to a courtyard with stunning views of the Grand Lawn and the Atlantic beyond. Let your guests dance the night away as ocean breezes waft through this 2,880 sq. ft. space. Keep the party going in one big room or split in two for a more intimate experience.
- Heron Room: Perfect for mid-sized receptions, this 1,853 sq. ft. room can be divided into two smaller spaces. Have the ceremony in one, then move next door for cocktails before the formal reception. With flexible spaces, the possibilities are endless.
- Grand Oaks Ballroom: At 6,050 sq. ft., The Sanctuary’s largest indoor venue can be split into four quarters. Opening to a garden patio, your guests can mingle indoors and out. Enjoy live music and drinks al fresco, then move inside for an elegant sit-down dinner. Your day; your way.
Want to infuse your reception with a solid dose of southern charm? An oyster roast and BBQ is just one way to say “I do” with one of the Low Country’s best traditions. For a laid-back, kick-off-your-shoes venue or a rehearsal dinner to remember, Mingo Point offers three gorgeous spaces:
- The Clubhouse at Osprey Point: Tucked among live oaks, this lagoon-side venue features a spacious veranda and intimate dining rooms.
- The Clubhouse at Turtle Point: A wraparound veranda and sophisticated ballroom are just two reasons to check out this idyllic space. Perfect for pre-reception cocktails.
- The Ocean Course Clubhouse: With 3,000 feet of adaptable space, the newest venue on the list overlooks the 18th green and boasts jaw-dropping ocean views.
If you’re lucky enough to have friends on the island, you can also make arrangements to host your Kiawah Island wedding at one of the privately owned venues, including The Sandcastle and The Beach Club.
Be Our Guest at Accommodations Near Kiawah Island Wedding Venus
So you’ve booked your dream venue, and now you just have to. . . do a million other things—we get it! But finding accommodations for your guests is one less thing you’ll need to worry about. Kiawah Island Getaways offers a range of properties, all oceanfront or within a short walk of the shore, ranging from one to four bedrooms. You’ve invited your closest friends and family to share the most important day of your life, now let us pamper them with our lovingly curated selections: At The Breeze at Seascape, your guests will find a beautifully renovated space with a huge oceanfront deck and four bedrooms. Perfect for a family with young children. With custom-designed interiors and stunning panoramic ocean views, The Penthouse at Windswept is one of most sought-after villas. Mother of the bride and up to five other guests will be thrilled to call this spot home.
For luxury accommodations with a splash of southern comfort, check out The Shell Seeker at Sparrow Pond. This beach cottage features two master suites, a third queen bedroom, cozy-chic décor, and a screened-in porch that’s sure to help anyone on your guest list unwind. For more southern charm, The Sea Shell at Oceanwoods offers an upscale cottage feel with three bedrooms, a stunning kitchen, and a screened-in porch. A gorgeous deck overlooking the golf course and lagoon, exposed wooden beams, and dusky blue accents make The vV at Turtle Point a special spot for the special people in your life. With three bedrooms and a den, this space is ideal for a pair of families with children. To book directly or check out other accommodations, visit our rental listings.